Here is a handy guide to getting onto video conferencing.
- Create your account and download the Zoom app on phone or computer or alternative
- Log In
- Next you see a screen that allows you to ‘schedule a meeting’.
- Add date and time and you get show a link.
- Copy the link and add it to your invites:
- To start you party, post link into your browser and open the app and off you go.
Downside you only get 40 mins free
Upside you can end call and redial in and you can host up to 100 people.
- Download the software. Depending on which device you plan to use, you’ll download a specific version of Skype. If you plan on using your smartphone, check the Appstore for skype and download it.
- Create your username (Come up with a username and password you can easily remember). Then, share your name with your family and friends so they’re ready to receive your calls.
- Set up your contact list. Once you’ve given out your Skype username, ask your loved ones for their usernames. You can easily add them after logging on by clicking the Contacts tab on the left hand side, then the “Add Contact” button in the top right-hand corner.
- Select your call type. After creating your contact list, you’ll be ready to make your first Skype call. Select a family member or friend to call by clicking on his or her picture. You’ll then see a series of buttons and you’ll decide which kind of call you’d like to make. You can choose between:
Video calls – Click the video button if you want to communicate face-toface.
Phone calls – Click the phone button if you want to make a call without using the webcam.
You’ll notice a “+” button as well, which allows you to add other loved ones to the conversation.
- Make sure you’re connected. If you’ve made the call and you can’t see or hear the other person, there might be an issue with the connection. Click the call quality icon to make sure you and your loved one have strong enough internet connection to interact.
- Open the app
- Click the + icon (without a circle around it) in the top-right corner
- Type in the names or numbers of the people you’d like to talk to. If they’re in your contact list, their names will come up as you type, and you can click on each name to add them to the call.
- You can also click on the circle with a + inside it to open up your contacts list and select people there. Tap their name to open up the contact then tap their number to add them.
- Tap the green video button to start a video call or the audio button to start an audio call.
- Download the app and insert your phone number to create an account.
- Add your friends and family via their phone number or emails.
- If you would like to videocall more than one person, create a groupchat by adding contacts into a message together.
- Open the chat screen of the contact from which you want to make a video call.
- Hit the call button in the top right corner of a conversation, which will bring up an pop up asking you, Either you want to voice or video call the friend or family member you’re chatting with.
- To start the video call, you simply select the “video call” option from this pop-up screen.
- Once you established WhatsApp video Call, your app will get four buttons: disconnect Call, Chat, mute call, change video camera face
ZOOM – https://zoom.us/
SKYPE – https://www.skype.com/en/
WHATSAPP – https://www.whatsapp.com/
FACETIME – Download Via App Store